- Fork and clone the repository.
- Navigate to the project directory.
- Now install the dependencies with
- Type in
npm link which creates a symlink and thereby allowing
teachcode to be accessed globally.
- Make your life changing changes.
- Ensure that your code is free from linting errors and is as per prettier conventions by typing in
npm run lint.
- We use commitlint conventional naming rules for our commits, make sure that you follow them.
- Now you may push it to the remote repository by switching over to another branch and finally proposing a Pull Request to the base fork.
Points to ponder
- Make sure that you submit an issue first if you have something in mind that you're willing to work on.
- Follow a
rebase strategy to update your remote branch with the latest changes.
- Prefix your branch names with
hotfix/ for feature proposals, docs-related and bug fixes, respectively.